Saturday, March 25, 2006

Dixie Princess

I always grew up being treated as a royal litttle princess and i thought i was one, but lately it seems that people treat me like i am a royal pain in the ass. I have a definite idea of what makes me happy. I know what my engagement ring will look like, how i want the lighting in my office, and where i want my summer home. Sometimes my life doesnt seem to match my fairy tale so i need to express it in words so that you can finally understand where i am coming from.

I grew up in lavish homes and got whatever I wanted. I had a mother who aggressively, yet lovingly was always pointing out my flaws and how I should perfect them. I cannot remember having a meal without my mother telling me to only eat half or coming home and having her suggest starving myself for a week would do me good. I use the word cute to describe everything. From men to puppies.My whole life I have lived really knowning that I am secretly meant for fame and fortune. I cant help that I dream about how I can redo my closet. Lastly, I have entitlement. I drive waiters crazy asking for more lemon for my diet coke, I send my meal back if it isnt good enough. I deserve special treatment because I am beautiful and I dont understand why everyone else in the world can't realize that.

I take enjoyment in shopping. I feel better knowing I have a new pair of betsey johnson pumps to wear out just in case someone important calls to go somewhere important where i have to look ravishing. i used to act shameful coming home to my boyfriend after spending nearly his entire paycheck on a shirt, but i have learned to overcome that shame. I no longer try to smuggle the bags in without him noticing, but i proudly stroll in and announce how much money i saved from not buying the "extras" before he begins to get upset.

I must be pampered frequently.Weekend spa trips are a ritual for my mother, sister, and I. When I first moved to Colorado my mother had us fly to Chicago to get our hair done for the first two years because she refused to go anywhere else. I must get a mani/pedi at least once every other week. I also must have an orgasm daily ...mechanical or otherwise..

I only expect honesty from myself. I was born with a natural talent in ensuring I get what I want. I always know what I want. I irritate men when they ask me what i want for dinner and i tell him i dont know. I come off terribly indecisive, but the truth is i know exactly what i want it just may take me 20 or 30 minutes to phrase it.

I often manipulate people. Ok, only boyfriends. To ensure I get my way I have a few one-liners that work wonders on guys.

If I don't feel like doing the dishes: "Honey, I'd love to do the dishes, but I think I just got a little fluid in my lungs." (this works like magic!) Sometimes I sit around and give long drawn out sighs and sulks til he asks me what i want...or he already knows and then he does it. The best one is right after you both crawl into bed "say oh darn. I would just love lucky charms for breakfast. too bad there arent any in the house." He should hop right up and run down to the wawa to grab me a box. Another great thing to say if you have to let out some really bad news lead in with a really huge build up like say "Ok sweetie I have something REALLLY importnat I have to tell you so try and stay calm." (allow a long pause so he can think that you killed his dog or you have an alien child growing out of your ass) then say "i accidently washed your wallet." then he will be so relieved that you dont have cancer that he will not be mad and will just give you a gentle kiss on the forehead.

I knoow I am a spoiled brat so i have learned to give a little. In order to have a healthy relationship both partners must have certain jobs and roles.

Here are mine:

I am the social director, floral arranger, nutrition planner, fashion consultant, card buyer, gift buyer, call your mother reminder, blanket stealer, decorator, computer complainer, flower buyer, laundry lady, takeout caller, couch warmer, heat turner upper, bed hogger, and hot water user.

Here are His:

bartender, tv setter upper, dvd setter upper, trash taker outer, bug remover, door holder, fire alarm fixer, furniture carpenter, vacuumer, vacuum bagger installer, internet service provider, car warmer upper, snow shoveler, ice cube maker, fuse box fixer, heat turner downer, newspaper retriever, wine opener, can opener, veggie chopper, food cooker, breakfast in bed maker, yell at me to do my work yellerer, back massager, bear hug giver, forehead kisserer, cold water shower takerer, and thats really all i can think of.

so i am still trying to break from my princessy behavior, but i am getting better.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you aisling- you are an amazing writer and an amazing kind of girl!
i still remember that night we came over to your house for a sleepover after my daddy's basketball game and your mom wanted to kill us because we brought a pizza home! wow! XOXOXO
p.s. lets go out when you come home this time, missy!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home