Thursday, April 20, 2006

Love Story

It was a warm April night. My heels clicked underneath the uneven brick pavement. I climbed the steps to the front door. It was open so I walked in. It went silent for just a moment. Everyone's heads turned and all of a sudden people started clapping.

"Finally!"

I smiled. I was a bit embarrassed, but I did it. I finally had the courage to rid myself of that odious excuse for a man.

No sooner was I at the party than a handsome boy came strolling my way. Tan, lean sandy hair, clad in American Eagle. And those eyes. Green eyes. Like the cover of last month's Vanity Fair. Electric.

"I'm sorry. I heard. I'm so sorry. I want to show you how a woman should be treated. Come to dinner with me this Friday."

I said yes. I was curious, enchanted by this creature years older than myself.

Friday comes. Opens the door for me, pulls out my chair, brushes the hair back from my face. He draws me into him. Wraps his arms around me. Leans in and gently presses his lips against mine. Soft. So comfortable. So weird. I felt safe. Something inside me let me tap into emotions I forgot I had.

I jumped back. Don't try and save me. Don't date me. I am not good at this. No. I am not ready. I am not ready for a boyfriend-Not yet.

"You need to be loved. You need to be saved."

I don't need to be saved. I think? I've made it this far on my own and I plan to continue. He smiles. I remember waking up in the middle of the night. Cramming my elastic orfices with his . Waking up feeling satisfied for the first time in a long time -maybe even ever? Hurting.

Yeah, he fucked me til' it hurt.

Black make-up smudged all over cotton sheets. He turned my head. He smiled. I let out such an uncomfprtable smile. Distant. My blonde hair was fuzzed and frazzled about like a crooked halo around my thin face. He draped his shirt over my shoulders. As I tried my best to walk to the bathroom I gripped the wall and steadied my feet onto the cool wood floor. A cat purred and brushed against my leg trying to mettle with my waddle.

I looked in the mirror at two deep black and blue pools. My pupils pulsing like my cunt was a few hours before.
My face, expressionless, devoid of the glitz and glamor provided by MAC, the scars of twelve and a half months beginning to seep through. A young face, once so pretty, now smudged with remorse. "Let's sleep." He said. But I got dressed. Made him drive me back.

I left that day never expecting to see or hear from him again. The most wonderful date I had ever been on. I wonder if it made a difference, me being there that night. If any of it was real. A frail cold body drawing warmth from his, the conversation dripping out of some previously untapped source of emotion. A source I thought surely had been lost.

He dropped me at the curb of the airport. Kissed me. Not just any kiss. The cliche` passionate movie kiss. The realization that I was leaving didn't hit me until I stepped on the plane. A tear snaked its way down my cheek burning through my pores as it made its escape. I would never see this boy again. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back.

Denver 4 hours later- I opened up my cell phone. New text message:

I can't handle the thought of not seeing your beautiful face for 3 months. Come back soon. xo





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home