Monday, June 05, 2006

Reminder

This isn't meant to be a sensational work of art. This is not intended to be a fabulous bit of lit. It bothers me when people tell me to "try harder" or "try writing like this". I think people forget that I have a life outside of this blog. I don't try to be anything on this site. This blog is a mere place to excercise my talents. People must forget that I write outside of this blog, go to school, and have a job. Don't forget that I do this for fun. I enjoy dumping my thoughts about my life here. I enjoy experimenting and trying to write from different points of view. Try to understand that this is me having fun, not trying to be Jane Austen.

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

The overwhelming thing about the growing numbers endulging in the use of a blog (whether it be here, LJ or a number of others) is that they lose sight of the purpose of such a page.

The amount of people who become inordinately self obsessed, timelessly consumed, or simply detached from the real world, and the existence of a world outside of this "world", is truly astonishing.

To those people I say - never forget who you are, what you stand for, and why you are here. Without life "out there", you are simply a hollow slave to a soulless page of code, accompanied by the odd picture. Be more, and allow others to do the same.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home