Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rendezvous

The other evening at Ruth's Chris over many drinks and lots of food. I realized you were wrong. I realized that there are men in this world who want me around them. Who want to hear what I think and get excited over my company. Men who want to love me.

The other day I was at our bar. The one we used to go to when I was underage. I sat in our corner, but you were not there. You were far away with someone else doing far away things. We were here. It feels like yesterday, but it was more like last year.

You said we had choices. I had chosen, but you chose different. You always said you'd fix it- that you would make it alright again. A bad habit I could not quit. I remember sitting in a strange city alone crying on the phone. What was I to do? How could you do this? I felt helpless. I waws so alone.

But now I sit with someone new. Someone who cares. Clad in gifts from David Yurman and Tiffany gazing into his eyes across the street from where we met.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home